OUR Rosa Parks PTSA
Who Are We?
Rosa Parks PTSA is a non-profit volunteer organization supporting all students at Rosa Parks Elementary. Together, we build a feeling of community and provide programs and activities that help enhance our children's education.
Rosa Parks PTSA's mission is to be a powerful voice for children, a relevant resource for families and communities, and an advocate for the well-being and education of all children.
Our vision is that every child's potential becomes a reality.
WHAT DOES ROSA PARKS PTSA DO?
Rosa Parks PTSA works closely with the school to accomplish our vision, mission, and goals for the year. We work to offer our students, teachers, staff, families, and community all the support we can. Our PTSA has a long tradition of supporting teachers and staff in their efforts to educate our students and to help create a safe, fun, and inspiring environment to give our students the best education possible.
Our annual fundraising campaign (plus other "no effort fundraising) funds our events and activities every year with the support of our donors and members we are able to offer:
- Enrichment programs and activities
- Teachers' grants and classroom support
- Art Smart and STEM activities
- Community Events
- Scholarships Program
- Teacher and Staff Appreciation Events
- Book Fair
Along with our State and National PTA, our school's PTSA advocates for putting our students first when it matters most.
Board members meet monthly to discuss, approve and vote on grant requests and to discuss PTSA matters.
you rock award
The You Rock! Award recognizes LWPTSA Council PTSAs or individuals in the district who, through time, creativity and community, help students build for the future by doing something worth sharing with the rest of the district. You Rock awards are presented at monthly council member meetings.
Rosa Parks PTSA was awarded LWPTSA Council’s You Rock Award at the December 2020 General Member Meeting. We earned the award for going remote this fall. Here is a summary of the events and activities:
- Back to school yard signs available at supply pick up during the first week of school
- Back to school treat bags for teachers and staff
- Back to school printables
- Virtual back to school dance
- Sustainability Halloween Challenge and monthly “green tips”
- Family cook-a-long in lieu of the pancake breakfast
- STEM Activities – 2 per month, supplies available if needed, STEM Facebook page
- Art Smart at Home – asynchronous lessons, with supplies available