WELCOME TO OUR NEW WEBSITE!
Rosa Parks PTSA is a non-profit volunteer organization supporting all students at Rosa Parks Elementary. Together, we build a feeling of community and provide programs and activities that help enhance our children's education.
Rosa Parks PTSA's mission is to be a powerful voice for children, a relevant resource for families and communities, and an advocate for the well-being and education of all children. Our mission is that every child's potential becomes a reality.
Please, register below to get access to fully access this site, log in or create a Membership Toolkit account. Once registered, you can become a member of our PTSA!!
Important! You will need to create a new user even though you had a login on our previous website since we have changed platforms, thanks for your understanding!
PTSA CALENDAR 2021-2022
Here is the calendar for next year! We still don't know if we'll be able to have all these programs and events in person (or how they will look like under current restrictions) or if we'll have to go virtual, but we are ready to keep working on offering the best to our Puma Families!!
LWSD VOLUNTEER REMINDER
We hope to be able to welcome volunteers back into our schools in the Fall. To make sure you are ready to volunteer when allowed, please make sure your approval status is current. Contact Chris Robison (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have any questions about your approval status.
If you’ve let your volunteer approval status lapse or you need to apply for the first time, please submit the application NOW! Here is the link to the Raptor online volunteer application.
UPDATES FOR THE SCHOOL YEAR 2021-2022
Mark your Calendar!
- August 30th, 4 pm Class placements sent via email
- August 31st, 1 pm-2 pm Meet and Greet
- September TBD Curriculum Night
- School Supplies will be provided by the school (your kid only needs a backpack and lunch box)
- Magazines and Planners will be provided by Rosa Parks PTSA and the school
- Lunch will be free for all students. Kindergartners need to bring their lunches the first couple of weeks of school before they can get the hot lunch at the lunchroom (so they can learn how to go through the lunch line and how to manage lunchtime).
- Drop off will be set up at the back of the building. The area (as well as the front of the school) will be under construction during summer. We are a walking school and all our families are encouraged to walk to school when possible.
- Start and end times will be back to a regular schedule. 2019-20 Daily Schedule - Rosa Parks Elementary School (lwsd.org)
We are doing great things here at Rosa Parks and your membership shows you support our efforts, and helps us advocate for change. Memberships are only valid for a school year.
Together, we sponsor many programs and activities for our students, parents, and staff. Please consider helping us do this by making a donation today.
Rosa Parks PTSA was awarded LWPTSA Council’s You Rock Award at the December 2020 General Membership Meeting. The award was granted for going remote in the fall offering many events and activities. More info here